Saturday, February 11, 2012

Successful Trip to Midland



After travelling to Midland by myself with the kids last weekend, I have concluded that there is no greater compliment that can be said to a parent than "Wow.  Your kids are so well behaved!".  Seriously, part of me was dreading this trip knowing I had a 3 year old and 1 year old to lug through the airport and to entertain throughout the flight by myself, during our typical melt-down, evening time....but the kids were PERFECT.  Nate was such an amazing little helper and totally listened and followed my every request while being an awesome big brother and doing his best to entertain Marissa.  I could not have been more proud of these two....and to hear someone else say it (on each flight) really made my heart burst at the seams! 

Here they are holding hands before the first take off! 
 Oh yea and I gotta give props to the chicken nuggets for helping keep them occupied as well!
After the landing I decided to wait and be the last one off so others would not get stopped up behind me as I struggled with the stroller, diaper bag, toy bag etc.  Marissa stood on her chair waving and personally telling each passenger "Bye-Bye".  It was pretty adorable, if I do say so myself!

We arrived in Midland and Nathaniel had clearly made up his mind that we were going to Gigi and Big Daddys and then going to Craigers house.  So we did just that.  The cousins were glad to see each other and we successfully got them all down for the evening. 

Well, at least until about 1:30 AM, when Marissa and Dawson both woke up.  Then they proceeded to have their own little party, cracking themselves up by saying "No" to each other until about 3:30.  Although it was a bit frusturating, they were having so much fun it was hard to be mad!

They seemed to develop a bond on this trip after their wee hour reunion!













The boys stayed busy building robots, playing on the top bunk and singing!




The most fun all the cousins had together happened to be playing on the riding toys in the garage!
The kids got lots of snuggle time in with our family, whom we love so much!




And as a special bonus (and the main reason we went up for the weekend) they got to spend time with their great-grandparents!  I love that they get to know each other despite the thousands of miles that seperate us.

Marissa really seemed to be fond of Great-Grandma, especially when playing hand games with her.




Here's the whole crew (minus Ted)!


Also this weekend was the superbowl.  Madonna did the half time show at the game this year...Marissa did the half time show at our house.  The best video I shot with my phone but here's a little taste of true entertainment from my camera!


I am thankful for every part of this weekend.  Successful flights, a close family, and fun memories.
Not to mention coming home to our bathrooms painted by my incredible hubby!


No comments: