Monday, February 20, 2012

Demanding Girl

Although Marissa sleeps through the night most of the time she has those occasional up-crying moments at random hours.  This morning she was up at 4:00am so I went to check in on her.  She was standing up in her crib and the second she saw me she started demanding "uppease" - it is her one word for "up please".  So I picked her up in hopes of rocking her back to sleep.  As soon as I sat down she began asking for "muck, muck" (milk) so I informed her that it was not time for milk, but time for night-night.  She then began asking for "nana", which is still her general word for food.  Again, I told her it is night-night time and patted her until she calmed down.  She began breathing in that heavy, even pattern, and this silly Mom thought she had beaten the child at her own game...then she suddenly arched her back and yelled "Bye-Bye Night-Night, Nana EAT".  

YIKES!!!  And I did as the Diva wanted.  She wins.  After all, it was practically her first sentence - or first command.  Silly girl.

No comments: