Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Our Memorable Valentine's Day Morning

This was most certainly a memorable Valentine's Day for the Yancy Clan.  I received a big surprise, had a scavenger hunt, and participated in a bubble bath all before 7:30 this morning!  Sounds romantic and amazing doesn't it?  Well, I did marry a pretty incredible guy!

However, this was not really centered around me as much as it was Marissa.  My Valentines Day started off by not sleeping in the wee hours of the morning and therefore hitting snooze several times before rolling out of bed in a most zombie-like state.  After showering and getting ready I found myself, darting upstairs at 6:30 (which by the way is sleeping in for her) to pick up a kiddo yelling "Poop, Poop" instead of "Good Morning, Mommy"...nice surprise.  Huh?  And trust me, it was a doozie! 

Then the aforementioned scavenger hunt began.  Marissa started saying/crying/screaming "MIMO".  Now this means a variety of things in the world of Marissa:  Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, or Elmo.  So I frantically began searching the room for anything that even remotely resembled one of these beloved characters, from pajamas to stickers to stuffed animals....nothing satisfied the "MIMO" request.  I ran downstairs and had 3 Minnie Mouse stuffed animals, 2 Mickey Mouse stuffed animals, one plastic Elmo and Elmo pajamas...and still heard the shrieking cry of "MIMO".  Nothing was satisfactory.  So I threw my rather unhappy child in her highchair and proceeded to feed her breakfast.  At this point I would like to say I had heart-shaped pancakes, fresh fruit with heart sprinkles, etc....but it was a simple (but lovely) banana and some milk.  She finally settled down enough to eat....and shortly thereafter gave it all back, hitting the dog with her vomit in the process. 

Thus the bubble bath! 

And as I said I did indeed marry a pretty incredible guy.  He took care of the dog, high chair, floor, woke up Bubba, got him fed and dressed, started a load of laundry, and got everything gathered for the day without complaining.

How lucky can a girl be? 

Hope your Valentine's Day was memorable as well!

No comments: