Sunday, September 14, 2008

Communial Living Ain't So Bad


So Hurricane Ike has ripped thorough the US. We are not yet allowed to return home and we really have no idea how extensive the damage is. And yet, we have so much to be thankful for.....right now my husband and son are sleeping safely in a room across the house, I have friends who were generous enough to let us come up and stay as long as we need, I have made contact with co-workers and church families who may not be in the best situations but are alive and doing well, I have had tons of calls, e-mails, and texts from friends and family just to let me know they care. These are the important things in life.

We seriously are having a great time in Denton right now, let me give you the current living situation for us....in one house we have
6 adults
5 cats
3 dogs
3 infants (the most beautiful and talented babies in the world)
and 1 parrot

and the amazing thing is we are having a blast. We are enjoying each others company, having fun with the babies, and eating well! So don't worry about us at all. The guys may head home as soon as the city will allow it so check out our homes and get things in order but Nicci and I are not planning on heading back with the babies until we know power is restored and mosquitoes are under control. However, with that being said, we do realize that not everyone is as fortunate as we are and there are millions in the Houston/Galveston area who need prayers and when we do return, there will be tons of work to do.

Thanks for checking in, we will continue to keep you posted and we will be posting pictures soon.

1 comment:

Allen and Dawn said...

Hey Sybil! I'm glad you posted this. I have been thinking about you. I'm glad you are safe and making the best of the situation. Love ya! Dawn and family