Sunday, June 23, 2013

Well, we hit another milestone in Bug's life.  Tonight he is happily watching Wreck It Ralph as I type this blog entry....only he is not here, he is at his first sleepover!

Oh the childhood memories I have of sleeping at friends houses - prank calls, silly songs, ding-dong-ditch - sheesh, I hope he will be a better kid than I was!

I know I lament about how quickly my kids are growing up and while it does make me sad to know how quickly this time passes, I am also very excited about how he is growing up and all the new adventures that lie ahead.  Each step is exciting.

Tonight we had a cook out with our friends, the Walkers, and as Nate prayed over the food and said he was "blessed to have a such a good friend". I could not agree more.  Then later they were riding around the neighborhood cul-de-sac singing "One Way, Jesus" at the top of their little voices.  I sat back and just soaked it in.  I am so extremely blessed.  I barely got a good-bye before we left him for the evening. One more step of independence for my little man (one giant leap for Mommy).  Thanks, Walkers for helping make some lasting memories!

No comments: