Friday, July 30, 2010

Last night as an only child....

At my last appointment, my doctor agreed to go ahead and induce me this week. So tomorrow we will head to the birthing center at 5:00 am. It is exciting....and a little scarry since I have no idea where my platelets are right now and there is the possibility of no epidural. I would rather not have to have pitocin or anything that makes contractions stronger, but I do want/need the antibiotics on board for her healthy arrival. So...here we go!

Tonight we decided to just have some fun with Naterbug since it is (as he knows it) his last night as an only child. This mysterious "Marissa" that we talk about is going to rock his world, in ways he cannot imagine. So we had the bright idea to take him out for ice cream (pictures will come eventually) - and he ate a lot.....and was pretty irritable the rest of the night.


We then went to a friend's birthday party where Nate was clingy and grumpy most of the time (great idea following the sugar overload!). And the fits continued well into the night. Bed time routine, which is usually a sweet time of singing, praying, and hugs and kisses ended up being screaming, hitting, and a horrible bloody nose. It was not at all how I envisioned my last night with him for a few days. And to top it off he just kept saying "No Mommy Go Bye-Bye" - which is not too unusual for him to say when I leave at night, but it was especially heartbreaking tonight since I will not be able to tuck him in for a few days.

Pray that this transition will be easier on him than tonight was and please pray for a smooth delivery! We will post more soon.

No comments: