Friday, July 15, 2011

Gorilla Weekend

Last weekend Daddy kept the kiddos and let Mommy sneak away for a college reunion with some of her very best friends in the entire world.  We actually got together to throw a surprise 39 and a half birthday party for one of the guys....however during the long road trip, Sheila and Mommy came up with an idea for the best prank ever!  We dressed in gorilla costumes and stalked the birthday boy for the afternoon.  It was a riot (call me any time and I will be more than happy to share the story).


It really was a great weekend for Mommy and so many new memories were made.  When I got back into town, Nathaniel gave me the biggest hug and said I missed you Mommy - simply, melting my heart.  That night as I laid him down for bed he looked at me with his huge blue eyes and said, "Well, Mommy, did you have a nice trip?" and I said, "Why, yes Nathaniel, I did".  And he asked "What did you do?".  To which I replied, "Well, I got to see a bunch of my friends, dress up like a gorilla, and laugh a lot".  Without skipping beat, a huge smile spread a cross his face and his eyes got even bigger and he asked me with great enthusiasm, "Did you get to say Ooh, ooh, eeee, ah, ah (monkey noises)".  And I laughed and said, "Why yes, Nathaniel, I did".

How awesome are kids???  He does not even find it the least bit strange that his 34 year old mom ran around like a lunatic in a gorilla costume, in 100 degree weather.  He is simply in awe that she got to say "ooh, ooh, eeee, ah, ha".  I sure do love that boy!

No comments: