Monday, November 14, 2011

Thankful

Dear God,
Thank you for these precious kids.  For their smiles, for their laughter, for their love.  Through them I learn so much. I learn about joy that knows no limits and that sometimes my patience does. I learn laughter is contagious and sometimes tears are too.  I learn that actions speak louder than words but hearing the words "I love you" will always melt my heart.  I learn that sharing is not easy but applause at such accomplishments goes a long way. I learn that being clean, well rested, and groomed is not quite as important as I once thought but bedtime rituals, sneaking in snuggles, and kisses to mend ouchies are more important than I could have ever imagined.  I learn about forgiveness and grace on a daily basis....and I hope they will too when they realize this is the only picture I have from the day of their Thanksgiving day performance......oops! 

No comments: