Saturday, March 13, 2010

College Friends and Kids

I am certain that nothing beats getting together with old friends and laughing about the crazy things we used to do! I was fortunate to have many good friends in college. The amazing thing is we have actually (sporadically) kept up with each other pretty well. There was a group of about 8 of us who were deemed the "Spartans" - I think it had something to do with the cheerleaders of SNL fame...I honestly cannot remember. It became our name for all inter-mural sports teams and any post-college gatherings.

Anyway, we were able to get together at the end of Feb with 4 of the families. We all now have kids - which made talking a little more difficult, but it is so much fun to see the offspring run around like crazy. Thanks Torey and Karen for opening your home for the chaos! I wish I would have gotten more pics.

Blake and Tyson Sellers

Addalyn McDonald and Nater-Tater

Casen McDonald


Our friends, Jennifer and Brian Taylor,were able to get in and join the chaos with their two boys as well. They were actually in from New Mexico. Jennifer's mom, Karey, had surgery at MD Anderson. So although it was not the best of reasons to come to Houston, it was really great to see them. And, Karey is doing great, but keep her in your prayers. They even made it down to Galveston one day - so I skipped work and joined them for some beach fun!




If you blow up the picture, you can see the Taylor men on the left.



The family and Trent attempting to enter the frigid water

Nathan had fun searching for seashells!
Jennifer and I actually went to elementary school together (along with Sheila - Addalyn and Casen's mom above). We have shared some pretty exciting life experiences over time. Jenn was the voice of reason for us in college and now she and I get to walk through our pregnancies together! She is due at the beginning of July - and I am at the end of July. We have had some pretty interesting conversations, comparing who has been sicker with these precious kids we are currently carrying. It is nice to not be alone!
I was pregnant with Sheila and Amanda when I was pregnant with Nathaniel (two of the Spartan women) and now with Jennifer. Almost like we dreamed about in college - only we all would have lived much closer!

No comments: