Thursday, September 16, 2010

First Visit to the Children's Museum

When I was a child my father would drag us to any museum he could find - and we hated it.  I swore I would never bore my kids like that - and here we are (joining the Oberts) taking Nate to celebrate his potty training success at a museum, of all places.  

However, I was super impressed with the Children's Museum of Houston!  Perhaps because it was on my level.  I guess I will always be a child at heart! There is so much to see and do there.  What was so great for us was the Tot Spot, an area geared towards kids under 35 months.  It is filled with a variety of activities that the kids loved.  In fact we spent so much time there, we really did not get to see much of the Museum. 
On the way out we were able to stop and see part of "Kidtropolis".  This area mimics a city and is filled with activites of pretend play for the kids.
Nate the grocery shopper quickly became Nate the cashier
Our little news anchor!
Either way, he is cruising!

We actually sent the kids on quite a challenging climbing tower, not realizing it was not designed for the young ones!  Nicci became the hero of the day by crawling through this to rescue both her girls and Nate- who were of course, on opposite sides of the structure.  Thanks Nicci(And thanks Marissa for being my excuse not to go in, I am pretty sure I would be very sore the next day)!

Our cutie patooties were a bit crazy by the end of the day (in their defense, it was well past nap time).  But I believe a good time was had by all!
And yes, Nate continues to be accident free!!!  I am so very proud of him!

No comments: