Monday, September 6, 2010

My House Cleaning Abilities

CONFESSION:  I am not a good housekeeper, although I feel like I should be since I am currently staying at home. So I try (in my own way).  Earlier this week I spent hours cleaning.  My house was spotless.  I even mopped the floors (which is one of my least favorite chores)!  It was a rainy day so it was perfect day to stay in and clean.  However, I recently read that trying to keep a clean house when you have young children is like trying to brush your teeth while you eat Oreos!  And here is why......


In the midst of my cleaning spree, while the rain was coming down, I thought to myself, "I have never played in the rain with Nathaniel.  What kind of mother am I?".  Marissa had just eaten and gone down for a nap so it was the perfect time to have some Mommy/son time.  We threw on his rain boots and went outside.  He quickly mastered the ability to run and jump in puddles and to dance in the rain.  We had a blast. 

I however, have not mastered the ability to keep a clean house. So much for those clean floors!

But yay for the memories!


1 comment:

NiceFreshClean said...

Thanks for the blog post buddy! Keep them coming... Commercial Cleaners