Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Disney Cruise: Day 6 (Birthday Boy!)

And then he turned FIVE.


Let me just tell you, he realizes that there is something very significant about being five years old.  All day he repeated the phrase, "I can't believe I am five".  I was not quite as emotional as I thought I would be, I guess it was a blessing that we were so busy/tired on this trip.  He certainly is growing up to be a funny and thoughtful little boy.  I love him more than I could put into words and am so thankful to get to share the journey of his life with him!  


So needless to say, it was another awesome day aboard the Disney Magic and he was the center of attention all day long.  The day began with a family birthday breakfast celebration.  We are so thankful that so many family members were able to make this trip with us.

The waiter made a little buzzing sound each time he touched Nate's nose.  The kids thought it was hilarious but Marissa made sure he was not getting anywhere near her nose!


Even while the staff sang Happy Birthday, she still had her nose covered!
He opened presents...and oddly enough got all Star Wars stuff!





Then we went back to the usual activities, running into celebrities and eating ridiculous amounts of food!














The kids club brought out their own mad scientist to conduct some experiments and then they made Flubber (after watching a short clip from the movie).





If you thought he looked cute as a scientist, just wait till you see his pirate pictures! 
That evening the crew hosted Pirate Night followed by yet another amazing show. 
Here are my non-compliant picture taking pirates!





Of course, the birthday celebrations continued with more singing and a special cake just for the birthday boy.





Then late that night, we all headed out to decks 9 and 10 for a spectacular show where Mickey flew in to fight Captain Hook.  The evening was topped off with more fireworks. It was pretty fantastic!



I may have said it last year, but I really mean it this time, I don't think we will ever be able to top this birthday (and possibly vacation).

No comments: