Thursday, November 6, 2008

6 months - already



Nathaniel turned 6 months old on the 1st!

This has probably been the most dramatic and amazing 6 months of my life. We have had a lot go on - Ted's mom has been very sick and has been in the hospital since last April, Nathaniel made his grand entrance into the world, we watched our church family go through a painful time, we had to evacuate because of Hurricane Ike (in the picture above Nathaniel is sitting on what is now the new fence in our back yard), and as seen in the previous blog I got bit in the head by a spider.

I think Nathaniel is what has kept us sane through it all. He has no idea the joy, laughter, and amazement he brings to our lives. It has been so much fun to watch him learn, grow, and explore. I absolutely love being his mom. Despite all the craziness we have endured this year, I know I am blessed beyond measure!

So at his 6 month check up the doctor said he is coming along nicely. He is 25 1/4 inches long and 16 pounds 13 ounces in weight. This puts him in the 10% and 25% respectively for his length and weight. And, of course he is in the 100% for adorableness (is that a word?)!

Then she mentioned that he has yet ANOTHER ear infection. So he is on antibiotics AGAIN. This time however he is getting multiple antibiotics because I am also on antibiotics right now. So I am a little worried about how his immune system is going to handle this over load. I did tell his pediatrician that I am ready for tubes so he will not be in pain with ear aches and we can all get a full night's sleep again. He tends to do really well sleeping through the night until his ears begin bothering him. We shall see......

No comments: