Saturday, June 18, 2011

Blanca

We've added a new member to our family. 
 I think it may be the ugliest member of the family, but Nate would disagree.

A coworker gave us an albino frog to add to one of our tanks.

It kinda creeps me out, I think it looks dead, but the boys love it.


The night we got it I had to take Nathaniel to the doctor (stupid virus) and asked him to get a few toys to take with him.  He said "Can I take my pwetty frog?".  I laughed and said, "First of all, it is not pretty and second of all, you cannot take an animal into the doctors office.".  He crossed his arms, frowned and said "but Mommy, she is too pwetty".

Also that night, he decided to name the frog Blanca.  I did not even know he was bilingual (for my non-Spanish speaking friends, Blanca is white in Spanish)!  And he decided it was a girl frog. 

I am now convinced he is the smartest kid in the world! 

Later this week another coworker made a special coloring page for Nate:

When he decided to color it he grabbed the white crayon (because our frog is white) and began coloring.  Now, remember he is sick at this time, so everything tends to be a bit more dramatic that it needs to be.  So there's Nate coloring away and he suddenly bursts out crying.  Not little whimpering cry, but full blown, can't-catch-my-breath wailing.  When he finally calms down enough to tell me what is wrong all he says is, "it's broked, it's broked".  He was more than upset that his white crayon was not working on his white coloring page!  (There goes my theory that he is the smartest kid in the world).

......And this is our beginning of the Adventures with Blanca! 

No comments: