Saturday, June 4, 2011

Cars "Pack-Pack" and "Lellow"

Nate's cousin, Logan, gave him a backpack full of cars from the movie Cars....it has rarely left Nate's side since we headed home.  He is one happy kid! 
He is espeically thrilled with his "peace officer" car. Thanks for the goodies, Logan Brewer!

And a video of "Lellow"....my family will get a kick out of Nate saying yellow in the same way I did as a kid.


And while we are on the subject of Nate...I just want you all to know what a stinking awesome kid he is!  He is honestly one of the funniest kids I know. I love this stage of growing up, the world is making sense most of the time so some cute Nate stories:
  • He is such a good big brother.  He loves his sister the best way he knows how...which occasionally results in some "be gentle" reminders from Mom and Dad. 
  • He started Tumble Team (gymnastics) a few weeks ago, which really seem to increase his "dare-devil" side....kinda second-guessing that decision! 
  • He is social once he gets to know you (just like his daddy) but he has become so comfortable with our sweet neighbors that he goes over pretty much every evening and rings their doorbell.  Sometimes he asks them to come and play, sometimes he barges in an helps himself to the toy stash they have for their own grandchildren, he invited Miss Cathy out to the park with us one evening last week (and she came!), and today he went over in the morning and stayed for almost 2 hours. 
  • Awhile back we passed around a pretty nasty stomach bug.  Nate had been to the restroom throwing up 3 times in an hour.  So before we left after his 3rd episode, I asked him " Baby, do you need to throw up again?" to which his reply was, "No, fank you". 
  • And he comes up with hilarious things.  Tonight we were encouraging him to eat another bite of his hamburger and he says "OK, come to Papa" as he takes a big bite!  I have no idea where he has picked this up but I had to bust out laughing
  • He has recently memorized his address and likes to repeat it at odd, random times.
  • He knows is birth date as well as his sisters - but he told me that Mommy and Daddys don't have birthdays and refuses to memorize ours. He just laughs at me when I tell him when ours are!
  • We have a little routine at night and I ask him "Who loves you?" to which he replies, "Mommy loves me".  Then I ask, "For how long" and he says, "Forever and ever, no matter what".  Tonight he repeated the Lord's prayer after me and when we got to the end I said "For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever" then I paused so he could repeat after me and he said "forever and ever no matter what!"
He is an absoulte blast. As a Yancy family follower, I hope you know all his crazy, fun, loving sides.  He gives me reason to laugh and smile every day!  

 

No comments: