Monday, December 15, 2008

Grrrrrrrrrr

2 shots and 10 full days of oral antibiotics and my son is still suffering from earaches. What kind of mutant strain does he have???? We went back to Urgent Care tonight. He has been very cranky the last few days but fever broke this evening and was 102.3 at the clinic. The MD on duty said he has a bad ear infection bilaterally. How can this be? He has been on meds the last 10 days.

Had Nathaniel not been screaming bloody murder, I probably would have asked 1000 questions. I do not understand why we cannot kill this bacteria. I am afraid we are damaging his liver and/or kidneys in the process. Anyway, he got another shot tonight and will go another 10 days of oral meds. Keep your fingers crossed....and pray we can make it until the first week of Jan without losing our minds (that is when he is supposed to get tubes placed). I cried several times on the way home. Although the doctor, Ted, and my mom said we are doing everything right, it is soooo frustrating. Why can't I just give him a kiss and make it all better? It always seemed to work when my mom did that.....maybe Grandma should move down here (hint, hint).

4 comments:

Blake said...

That's no fun at all I know. We will be praying for your little man.

Angie and Brian said...

Poor baby! You too Syb!! ;-). Prayer said. Love ya, Angie

Blake said...

Love ya, Syb. We will be thinking about you guys.

Blake said...

Oops, this is Roni, I'm just logged in under Blake's name. So the last message was from me.