Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Weekend 2011

If you know us, you know we love to travel.  However, as I have (gracefully) aged and added children into the mix, I really do not do well with "spontaneous" trips.  Admittedly I am a bit of a packing dork and like to begin at least a few days in advance. So we were planning on staying home over Memorial Day Weekend up until Thursday night.  We had a few things planned with friends but my secret plans were to spend the majority of the time relaxing - which is a crazy dream when you have 2 young children.....then Thurs morning I looked at my husband and said "why don't you go have a guys weekend with your buddies?".  Of course he jumped at the chance!  Friday morning he got things set to have a few days to go spend with his two best friends who live about 5 hours away.  Well, in the meantime, Nathaniel decided, out of the blue, we should go see Uncle Robert...and he preseverated on this all Thurs night.  So after a brief discussion as we were going to bed, we decided the kids and I would go up to my brother's and he would go on to visit his buddies who live about an hour away from Uncle Robert's.  Which sounds good in theory....but I had to pack like a madman when I got home from work on Friday.  And like I said, I want a few days to pack, this made me a bit crazy (crazier than normal) but we got out of the house around 8:00 PM and I actually managed to grab everything we needed.  Whew....the trip up went smoothly.  I really think this is the way to travel with kids.  The baby slept and Nate chatted until he also passed out.

It was a fantastic weekend!  We got in late Friday night but the kids and Tio Ted were up early playing in the back yard and jumping on the trampoline.  Well, until this:


I was just getting out of the shower when all I hear is "Logan, come quick Tio Ted just broke the trampoline".  Yes, it is everyone's fear that they may actually jump THROUGH the trampoline.  Admit it, you have wondered if it would happen to you.  Well needless to say we now have a serious case of catapedaphobia at our house.  And one is left wondering if my kids will ever be lucky enough to someday own their own trampoline.

However, the kids loved it.  In fact, I am told that even though Tio Ted was half way between the trampoline, Izzie and Nate did not stop jumping. They just jumped in circles around him. 

Please note:  No Tio Ted's were seriously harmed in this incident. 

Nate very seriously told Daddy time and time again "You were jumping too close".  Uh....to close to what we are not really sure.  Nate also was sweet enough to apologize to Daddy several times. 
Yes, an amusing (at least for those of us who did not need Advil to get through the day) start to the weekend!


Then Daddy left for his man trip and we had a ton-o-fun with the cousins.  Lots of chase, laughter, and playing ensued.  Saturaday night we went to the lake for the evening to race remote control boats.








Sunday we went to church and listened to Auntie's beautiful singing.  That evening we went down to the harbor, had a nice El Salvadorian dinner, and played in the fountain. 








 Rissa did not get in on the water action due to her recently placed tubes, but she had a great time laughing and squealing in delight at the kids!

When we got home that night, we went back down by the lake for more racing fun, on this beautiful evening.





More pics from this weekend to follow later.....

No comments: