Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Never Grow Up

My friend Christy shared this song with me tonight. I am sorry I am not more technically savvy or I would embed this video into the blog.  But listen to Taylor Swift's song, Never Grow Up.  It keeps tugging on my heart-strings!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDbFxAtNNnU&feature=related

Oh Darlin' don't you ever grow up, just stay this little. 
Oh Darlin', Don't you ever grow up, it could stay this simple. 

Gosh, I wish I could keep my kids little forever. 

I got a high school graduation invitation from one of the kids I used to babysit regularly when I lived in Amarillo.  She was 4 years old the first time I spend the weekend babysitting her and her older brother....now she is graduating from High School and ready to tackle the world. I cannot believe she was only a year older than Nathaniel is right now. It may sound cliche, but time really does fly.  I realize that this amazing phase of life will be but a faint memory before I know it.  Although each stage of watching my children grow up will have it's own ups and downs, I just wish I could stay at this phase of life a little longer.  Yes, even with the sleepless nights, I love, love, love it.  Thank you God for allowing me the honor and privilege of parenting these two amazing kids!

...even though you want to, please try to never grow up...

No comments: