Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Cat in the Hat

"I will not eat them in a house, I will not eat them with a mouse, I will not eat them here or there, I will not eat them ANYWHERE"

Our nightly ritual usually ends with one of Dr. Seuss' stories (or Go Dog Go - which he has memorized in its entirety).  I love that Nathaniel has developed a real passion for rhyme and the silliness of the Seuss world.  I admit, I am a bit of a Seuss junkie myself and think we have a lot of wisdom to glean from his eclectic musings.  In particular Nathaniel loves the Cat in the Hat.  That troublesome little thing.  I Can Read With My Eyes Shut is a huge favorite because there are "two Cat in the Hats" in that book.  Tonight he got to meet this superhero-of-sorts, in person, at a local Chick-fil-a.

He is so funny, he was so excited before we left the house and when we got there initially he just stood with his mouth open.  Finally he was brave enough to crawl into the Cat's lap.

Eventually they became buddies.  Nathaniel was mimicking the Cat's moves.  If the Cat in the Hat jumped, so did Nathaniel.  If the Cat waved, Nathaniel waved.  For some reason Nate was especially excited that the Cat in the Hat had a tail.  By the end of our dinner, the Cat in the Hat was picking Nathaniel up and tickling him.  He even came over to our table and stole some of Nathaniel's sprite. I told you he was troublesome!  Nathaniel thought it was hilarious!



 The Chick-fil-a Cow was there as well, but did not have the kids mesmerized like the Cat in the Hat. 

Here's the next possible best seller, Nathaniel in the Hat.

One more reason I love being a Mommy. I get to continue to play and be excited about things like dinners with the Cat in the Hat!  It was a fun evening.

No comments: