Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Shots!

At long last, Marissa was able to get her 6 month shots this morning (she is now 7 months and 1 week old).  Her ears were still red, but not infected so we jumped on the opportunity.  Now, you must know that Nathaniel has a HUGE crush on the doctor.  He has loved her since he was little.  If he finds out Marissa is getting to go to the doctor, he insists on joining us as well.  I knew she would be getting shots today (either her 6 month shots or Rocephin if she had an infection) so I warned Bubba about it.  Informing him that it may hurt and baby 'Rissa may cry some.  He seemed OK with it.  And she did indeed cry for a second after the first injection but quickly calmed and was back to her smiley self by the time I picked her up.  The nurse left the room and Nathaniel said "I want a shot now".  He was upset, almost to the point of tears that he was not getting a shot!  Thinking this was funny, I called the nurse back in and she helped him settle for getting stickers instead.  It appeased him for awhile, but by the time we hit the front doors on the way out, he was again saying, "I want a shot"!  We called Daddy en route to daycare and Nathaniel also informed Daddy that "only baby 'Rissa got shots, but I want some too".  Silly boy!  I guess he does not remember the bazillion he got when he was so sick with all his ear infections, he sure did not care for them then.

No comments: