Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Mommy plays with guns!

OK, I am the first to admit being a working mom is HARD.  It is hard to find that balance and I often feel like I bust my butt at work, come home and bust my butt at home and still can't cook a gourmet meal, clean up, or even find my keys half of the time.  I feel like I am always on the go and don't get a break.  I begin tasks but fail to complete them.  I fall asleep before getting bottles together for the morning, changing the laundry or doing the dishes.  I am all too often overwhelmed.  I want to be great at everything - being a mom, wife, occupational therapist, friend, daughter, sister, boss, etc....and yet feel like I am pulled in so many directions that I am not doing a great job at any of them.  I know it is my own pity party and something I will probably always struggle with.  I love my family more than anything in the world AND I also love my job.  I am one of the few people that actually likes going to work every day.  Admittedly, some days more than others!  Yesterday I came home and told Ted I cannot do this anymore, I don't have 5 minutes to myself and need a break.....today, I am refreshed and ready to continue this marathon.  And here's why:



Mommy now plays with guns.

Don't be too quick to add sharpshooter to my resume, yet (I only hit two of the skeet I shot at).  But this is one of the reasons I love my job.  In the midst of making a difference in the lives of brain injury survivors, I get to go out and do some pretty awesome, out-of-the-box activities.  Today we took some of my soldiers out skeet shooting and it was a blast (literally and figuratively!).

No comments: